Skip directly to content

A severely ill young man's wish

• Mystiquedapoet's picture
    A severely ill young man's wish
    Mystiquedapoet says(1 year 7 months ago)

Hi T.I.

My name is Tasha and I have a foundation that is geared towards bringing smiles to the faces of sick children in hospitals and the elderly in Nursing homes all along the Gulf Coast. We visit them and hand out stuffed animals, gift bags, and quilts, and when we are able to do so, we perform mini concerts for them. My foundation also has a program called ~Dream For A Day~ where we do our best to make dreams of severely ill children come true. Our most recent recipient of our program is a 17 year old young man by the name of Travon Jenkins.

Mystiquedapoet's picture
on December 6, 2012 - 1:01am

Hi T.I.

My name is Tasha and I have a foundation that is geared towards bringing smiles to the faces of sick children in hospitals and the elderly in Nursing homes all along the Gulf Coast. We visit them and hand out stuffed animals, gift bags, and quilts, and when we are able to do so, we perform mini concerts for them. My foundation also has a program called ~Dream For A Day~ where we do our best to make dreams of severely ill children come true. Our most recent recipient of our program is a 17 year old young man by the name of Travon Jenkins. He has been battling brain tumors since the age of 3 and has had over 20 surgeries to save his life. One of those surgeries caused Travon to go blind in his right eye. Doctors said he would never be able to walk or talk and for a while he was not able to, but with a lot of therapy he proved them wrong. Just recently doctors found another tumor in his brain, and they say that because of it's location and the fact that it is growing they can not operate this time. His mother Patricia, who lost her oldest son in a house fire when he was 11 years old 8 years ago is now left to try and find experimental drugs to stop the growth of Travon's tumor before it kills her last child.

When I heard about this young man and his battle I had to do something. I told his mother about my foundation and the program we have and that I wanted to do something special for Travon. He was told to make a list of three things he would like to do and first on his list was meeting you. He said he has always dreamed of getting to meet you and perform one of your songs with you. T.I. I know you get a lot of request and I know that you are a very busy man. My foundation is not asking for any money from you. As the CEO of Poetry In Motion Care Bears I am asking you to PLEASE do your best to honor this young man's wish. My foundation is giving an All White Winter Wonder Jam Benefit Spoken Word/Comedy event to raise funds to make at least one of Travon's wishes come true.

Our event will be held in New Orleans Jan 5, 2013 at Cafe Instanbul. Poets & Independent artist from all over have come together to help make this event happen for this young man. Travon will be attending the event, he loves music and wrote a song dedicated to his brother that was lost in that house fire and he will be performing for the first & maybe last time at this event. If there is any way, any way at all you can do something special for this young man, PLEASE contact me. He will appreciate this for the rest of his life. I am sure if it was one of your children you would do your best to grant their last wish. All I am asking is that you PLEASE see if you can make something happen.
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Mystique

Forum category: 

Tour